Are you eating real food this summer? Starting this weekend we’re kicking off a new feature we’re calling Real Food Summer. Throughout Real Food Summer, we’re going to be looking at all kinds of “real” food – i.e., food that we know where it comes from, how it’s made, and what’s in it. We’re going to focus on unprocessed or minimally processed foods with a good nutritional profile. We’ll be talking to farmers, companies, and restaurants that are working hard to make sure the best possible food makes it on to your plate. So sit back with that slice of watermelon or ear of corn, and get ready to learn about food that’s healthy, responsibly made, and tasty too.
Real Food Summer
Hi! I'm Jeanne Fratello - a writer, reporter, and a mom who is on a mission to find great food for kids and to keep parents up to date on the latest nutrition news. You can read more about me here.
Get new posts via email
@JollyTomato on Twitter
- Purple Cauliflower Coconut Soup Recipe
- Celebrate Birthdays with Cake and Netflix
- Celebrate Hatch Chile Season with Hatch Chile Cornbread
- Sourdough Bread and the Art of Fermenting
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries, Love, and ‘Atypical’ Kids
- Summertime is Tortilla Time
- A Plant-Centric Summer Menu at True Food Kitchen
- Enjoy Your #MomSneak ‘Me Time’ – and a Netflix Giveaway
apples bacon bananas blueberries breakfast carrots cheese chicken Childhood Obesity chocolate cookies dessert eggs food coloring Frieda's fruits and veggies fun food gluten-free ice cream kale Melissa's Produce Melissas Netflix Nutrition organic peppers pie pineapple pizza potatoes pumpkin real food salad school lunch snacks spinach strawberries Stream Team StreamTeam sugar tomatoes vegan vegetables veggies watermelon