Bought some lovely romanesco at Whole Foods yesterday. We were going to cook it, but the kids decided they’d rather take it in to school for show-and-tell. (From Wikipedia: “The broccoli’s shape approximates a natural fractal; each bud is composed of a series of smaller buds, all arranged in yet another logarithmic spiral.”) Isn’t nature amazing?
Hi! I'm Jeanne Fratello - a writer, reporter, and a mom who is on a mission to find great food for kids and to keep parents up to date on the latest nutrition news. You can read more about me here.
Get new posts via email
@JollyTomato on Twitter
- A Day at the Community Pizza Oven
- Health Resolutions You Can Keep
- Gluten-Free ‘Snow Day’ Cookies Recipe
- A Weekend in Carmel at Hofsas House
- Raw Chocolate and Cherry Mousse Tart – A Vegan Dessert
- Cranberry Ginger Parsnip Cake from ‘Everyday Dorie’
- Noche Buena Salad (Christmas Eve Salad)
- Healthy Holiday Pantry Must-Haves
apples bacon bananas blueberries carrots cheese chicken Childhood Obesity chocolate cookies dessert eggs food coloring Frieda's fruits and veggies fun food gluten-free ice cream kale Melissa's Produce Melissas Netflix Nutrition organic peppers pineapple pizza potatoes pumpkin real food salad school lunch snacks spinach strawberries Stream Team StreamTeam sugar summer tomatoes vegan vegetables vegetarian veggies watermelon