Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” campaign to combat childhood obesity has taken another step forward. The much-anticipated action plan from the Interagency Childhood Obesity Task Force, called “Solving the Problem of Childhood Obesity within a Generation” has been released and is now available online.
The “action plan” aims to:
• Create a healthy start on life for children, from pregnancy through early childhood
• Empower parents and caregivers to make healthy choices for their families
• Serve healthier food in schools
• Ensure access to healthy, affordable food
• Increase opportunities for physical activity.
Can it do all of these things? We’ll be watching and listening as the reactions start to come in…