Behold the lovely Romanesco: This broccoli-related floret is the perfect spring shade of green and gold, and it winds around in seemingly endless patterns of perfect spirals. A part of the brassica family that was first grown in Italy, it’s also known as Roman cauliflower. Why are math lovers fascinated with Romanesco? Each bud consists […]
Tag Archives | romanesco
Bought some lovely romanesco at Whole Foods yesterday. We were going to cook it, but the kids decided they’d rather take it in to school for show-and-tell. (From Wikipedia: “The broccoli’s shape approximates a natural fractal; each bud is composed of a series of smaller buds, all arranged in yet another logarithmic spiral.”) Isn’t nature amazing?
Get new posts via email
@JollyTomato on Twitter
- New Fall Menu Debuts at True Food Kitchen
- Flash Netflix Giveaway – Tag a Friend!
- Apple Salsa – Spicy, Fresh, Perfect for Fall
- Super-Easy Pumpkin Sweet Potato Soup
- Pizza Tutorial at North Italia Restaurant
- New Dodger Stadium Food for the NLCS
- One-Ingredient Apple Chips
- Eggplant with Tahini and Pomegranates