These rich and creamy mashed potatoes have a secret ingredient – a raw egg yolk. Use Safest Choice pasteurized eggs to make sure your food is safe.
Chef's Secret Mashed Potatoes
Author: Jeanne Fratello
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 4 servings
Rich and creamy mashed potatoes with a secret ingredient (raw egg yolk) to add flavor.
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 1 raw egg yolk (use a pasteurized egg to ensure food safety)
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Scrub the potatoes and chop them into two-inch cubes (no need to peel). Place them in a pot of water, bring them to boil, and boil for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes thoroughly. Place them in a large bowl with the remaining ingredients. Mash with a potato masher so that the potatoes are evenly mashed and the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.