What’s better than dinner with friends? How about a dinner with friends that lasts for four whole days?
On behalf of Bri at Red, Round or Green, Bettina at The Lunch Tray, and Grace at Eat Dinner, I’d like to invite you to join us for a virtual progressive dinner next week in honor of Food Day. Food Day, set for October 24, is a brand-spanking-new holiday honoring real food and sustainable food policies. This day of awareness, conceived by the Center for Science in the Public Interest, aims to promote the following goals:
1. Reduce diet-related disease by promoting safe, healthy foods
2. Support sustainable farms and limit subsidies to big agribusiness
3. Expand access to food and alleviate hunger
4. Protect the environment and animals by reforming factory farms
5. Promote health by curbing junk-food marketing to kids
6. Support fair conditions for food and farm workers
So about that dinner party: In honor of Food Day, the four of us are planning a week-long virtual dinner party. Each day, starting on October 24, we’ll “host” a different course with a recipe, a story, and a giveaway. On Monday, Bettina Siegel of The Lunch Tray will host the appetizers; on Tuesday, Brianne DeRosa of Red, Round, or Green will be serving up an entree; on Wednesday, Grace Freedman of EatDinner.org, will offer side dishes; and on Thursday yours truly will be serving dessert. At each stop along the way we hope you’ll chime in with some great conversation and some of your own recipes.
What’s the best part about this dinner? There’s no need to RSVP or bring a hostess gift! Just check in next week and bring a healthy appetite. See you then!