Regular readers have heard about the sad situation with food blogger Jennifer Perillo, whose husband Mikey died suddenly two weeks ago. Following the outpouring of support with the #apieforMikey project, several of her close friends have set up a fund for donations for Jennie and her daughters. To contribute, please visit Bloggers Without Borders, a new nonprofit created by the food blogging community. BWB is focusing its initial efforts on #afundforjennie. In addition, several friends of Jennie are auctioning off services or items that are dear to their hearts. This is an incredible effort on the part of an incredible community – please support as generously as you are able.
Hi! I'm Jeanne Fratello - a writer, reporter, and a mom who is on a mission to find great food for kids and to keep parents up to date on the latest nutrition news. You can read more about me here.
Get new posts via email
@JollyTomato on Twitter
- Enjoy Your #MomSneak ‘Me Time’ – and a Netflix Giveaway
- 101 Asian Dishes You Need To Cook Before You Die
- Southwestern Plant-Based Pizza
- Behind the Scenes at Yogurtland
- A Thoughtful Feast: 1950s Cuisine
- Watermelon Bacon – An Anytime Snack for #StreamTeam
- A Special Dinner for Dads and Grads at North Italia
- Power Pitas for National Eat More Fruits and Vegetables Day
apples bacon bananas blueberries breakfast carrots cheese chicken Childhood Obesity chocolate cookies dessert eggs food coloring Frieda's fruits and veggies fun food gluten-free ice cream kale Melissa's Produce Melissas Netflix Nutrition organic peppers pie pineapple pizza potatoes pumpkin real food salad school lunch snacks spinach strawberries Stream Team StreamTeam sugar tomatoes vegan vegetables veggies watermelon